Build excitement, memories, and community
A church trip should be more than mindless entertainment. In a world dominated by consumerism, distracted by technology, it's difficult to find the right activity, the right trip to foster a deep sense of community and the excitement of shared memories. Especially among our young people, it's hard to make an impact on young minds, overstimulated by video games, social media and television.
A trip to OAR and the Ocoee River in Tennessee may be just what you need. Whitewater rafting is real adventure. It's not a roller coaster where you just strap in and hang on. To successfully navigate the Class III and IV whitewater of the Ocoee everyone must pitch in and do their part.
This sense of needing each other and working together is what distinguishes whitewater rafting from so many other activities. Add to this the beauty of the Appalachian mountains and the physical exhilaration of working hard and suddenly opportunities to discuss what really matters in life seem to rise out of nowhere. Lessons and teachings that seemed remote and theoretical suddenly find concrete expression. You'll see it in the smiles and the laughter, in the spontaneous hug and the quiet moments of introspection.
Don't miss your chance to add depth, excitement and meaning to your ministry. Call us today.
- Ocoee River Rafting (Middle section - 3.5 hours) $31.95/person
- Ocoee River Rafting (Full river - upper and middle - 6 hours) $72.95/person
- Bunkhouse (indoor camping with A/C) $14/person
- Ask our Reservations Staff about pricing for your group on our Land Activities and Tubing.
Free or Almost Free Activities
- Hiking in the Cherokee National Forest - Waterfall Hikes.
- Swimming at Lakes or Rivers.
- Mountain Biking - bikes not provided.
- Fishing (TN fishing license required).
** Parking Fees are required within the Cherokee National Forest.